Job Posting Status is Expired Please note that the job is not published for job seekers and you will not receive any applicants due to the job status.
- Responsible for assisting immediate supervisor to conduct regular audits and assessments to all clinical laboratory equipment and staff functions including the newly commissioned Human leukocyte antigens (HLA) Transplantation Laboratory with a wide range of highly quality efficiency and cost-effective testing.
- Conduct comprehensive study pertaining to all potential risks of the department’s operations in collaboration with technical and clinical staff. Recommend improvement plans and strategies that eliminate those risks. Establish and maintain a compliant environment for laboratory procedures and ensure that all processes align with the best practices.
- Collaborate with laboratory officials to establish and maintain quality control and assurance programs. Monitor and analyze quality metrics and performance indicators to identify areas for improvement. Review the department’s policies and procedures to ensure adherence to all applicable laboratory trends, regulatory requirements, safety regulations, accreditation and safety standards.
- Handle transactions that work closely with the Saudi stem cell donor registry for unrelated donors and support work up of related stem cell donors using state of the art molecular HLA typing technologies for patients and their potential donors.
- Evaluate compliance with regulatory requirements, quality control measures, and internal policies by participating in reviewing documentation, observing laboratory practices, and analyzing data to identify areas of non-compliance or opportunities for improvement. Assess the impact of new technologies, processes, or changes in regulations and implementing appropriate controls to minimize non-compliance issues.
- Provide training and education to laboratory staff on compliance-related topics, including regulatory requirements, quality assurance, and documentation practices. Ensure all healthcare team members recognize ones responsibilities and are equipped to meet compliance standards.
- Ensure accurate and complete records, including documentation of compliance activities, audits, and corrective actions. Ensure that laboratory policies, procedures, and manuals are up-to-date and easily accessible to staff members.
- Perform other job-related duties.
Board Certification in Clinical Pathology – Essential
Knowledgeable of relevant guidelines issued by organizations like Ministry Of Health (MOH) and the Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA). – Essential
knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, accreditation standards (such as CAP, CBAHI, JCI and ISO) – Essential
Minimum of 8(eight)years’ experience in a clinical laboratory in similar setting/ environment, 5 (five) years of which as Clinical Scientist or similar field – Essential
English Language - Essential
75 - 100
5.5 - 7
Computer : Level II – Essential
- Area specific equipment/tools/software
- Health Information System
- Work stream-leads, subordinate
- All internal and external disciplines
- Expected to use critical-thinking skills to reach objective conclusions
- Expected to work with minimum supervision, reporting to line manager when required
- High paced environment
- Great deal of details and accuracy
- Perpetual interaction with other relevant stakeholders
- Occasional overtime, 24-hr on call shift, weekend, holidays work might be required.
- Safe Practices related to PPE (Personal Protection Equipment)
- Operating in safe manner to reduce risk of injury
Clinical Science, Pathology